Somewhere between naming the 7 wonders of the world in our history classes and making worksheets separately on each wonder of the world, architecture students grew up. The field of architecture is a creative one and requires the ability to manifest visions into reality. Sounds cool, right? But what sounds more cool is that there are several architecture scholarships in the UK available for students like you. While we will focus on compiling a few of these design scholarships in the UK, we will leave it to you to focus on creating another wonder of the world!
Which Are The Universities That Offer Architecture Scholarships In The UK
Studying architecture in UK universities takes a period of 5 years of study time and two years of practical work before appearing for the final examination. The architecture institutions in the UK have several benefits for students including graduate prospects, industry connections, great academic progress, and many more. Let us take a look at the list of universities offering architecture scholarships for international students in the UK.
University Of Dundee
As per the Guardian University Guide 2021, the University of Dundee falls under the the top 20 universities in the UK. Home to over 16,000 students, the university is best known for its student satisfaction rates. A number of architecture scholarships in the UK are offered by this University for students wishing to pursue their design course from here. One of them is the Global Citizenship Scholarship – The Undergraduate and the Postgraduate edition.
About The Global Citizen Scholarship
The Global Citizen Scholarship is provided by the University of Dundee for students wishing to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate in architecture and urban planning. The scholarship stands by the moral ethics of
- Valuing People
- Working together
- Integrity and
- Making a Difference
Only those candidates can apply who –
- Hold an academic offer for a UG or a PG in any of the academic disciplines offered by the University of Dundee
- Enroll into their undergraduate or postgraduate courses in the year they receive their scholarship award
- Hold a UK 1st Class Honours degree or its equivalent
- Are classified as ‘international’ when it comes to paying tuition fees
Benefits: An amount of GBP 5,000 is contributed for the student in addition to helping with the tuition fee payment.
You can also apply for architecture scholarships in the UK via the Chevening Scholarships which are provided by the UK Government for international students.
Oxford School Of Architecture
There are a limited number of masters in architecture UK scholarships available for UK, EU and international postgraduates every year. The Faculties of Technology, Design and Environment from the Oxford School of Architecture have partnered with the RIBA Part1 and 2 Bursaries in order to help with the full time funding of architecture students.
About RIBA Part 1 And 2 Bursaries
Architecture students who demonstrate talent and commitment to their studies but face struggles with their expenditure are awarded the RIBA bursaries. These architecture scholarships in the UK are awarded with the drive to promote equity, inclusion, and diversity amongst architectural education.
- For the RIBA Part 1 Bursary, applicants must currently be enrolled into their first year of a RIBA Part 1 course in the UK.
- For the RIBA Part 2 Bursary, applicants must be in the process of applying for a RIBA Part 2 course in the UK.
- Scholars must provide their necessary evidence of enrollment into the course.
- For those who are applying for the RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 Bursaries, an amount of GBP 6,000 is distributed in termly instalments throughout the course.
- Part-time applicants will be receiving the same amount in proportion to the lengths of their studies.
In order to get into Oxford University, there are other scholarships such as the Reach Oxford Scholarship which will help your funding during your architectural studies. There are several other universities offering architecture scholarships in the UK and this table below will guide you through them.
|University Of Kent||Kent School Of Architecture Scholarships||Tuition fee Waiver, Minimum Stipend, Payment for Teaching||PhD Research|
|Kingston University||International Scholarships||GBP 5,000||UG, PG|
|Cardiff University||Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships||GBP 2,000||UG, PG|
|Staffordshire University||GREAT Scholarships||GBP 10,000||PG|
|University of York||York Marshall Scholarships||Varies||PG, PhD|
|University of Nottingham||ARB/RIBA Part 2||10% scholarship/ Fee discount||UG|
In addition to the above mentioned architecture scholarships in the UK, there are many other scholarships available for architecture students specifically on the UniScholarz page. We will name a few of them with the attached application links to make it easier for you.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship: Available at an amount of USD 1,00,000 if you wish to pursue M.Arch.
- Erasmus Scholarship: Provides full funding for M. Arch students.
- Jared J. Davis Grant: Available at an amount of USD 1000 for B.Arch students
- Harvey Fellowship: Available for M.Arch students at an amount of USD 16,000
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on Architecture Scholarships In The UK. If you need more assistance with scholarships, here are some blogs that we think you will enjoy reading