Germany is the place that gave birth to automotive engineering and some of the biggest brands we see in the automobile market today. In this article, we explore automotive engineering in Germany and some of the country’s top universities that provide the course.
What Is Automotive Engineering? | Automotive Engineering In Germany
Automotive engineering is the branch of engineering that deals in general, with electronic and electrical engineering and primarily, with the design and production of vehicles as well as the security and safety features that fall under the umbrella so as to include all other means of transportation such as buses, trucks, motorcycles and others such. It deals with the theories and manufacturing aspects of several stages and areas of these vehicles and aims to provide students with specialised knowledge and training.
It is safe to call Germany the birthplace of automotive engineering. Germany is home to the biggest brands in the automobile industry namely, Volkswagen, Mercedes and BMW. To study automotive engineering in Germany is to study the field in the place it was visualised, actualised and became the largest and most celebrated tech innovation that it is today. Pursuing automotive engineering in Germany is setting yourself up for the highest academic and professional standards. Students get an opportunity to study under the guidance of the biggest inventors and changemakers in the industry and study with others who may be the next biggest names in the industry in generations to come. The country houses some of the best universities for automotive engineering and is highly regarded for their immaculate course structure, high-standard faculty and state-of-the-art facilities world over.
Why Automotive Engineering? | Automotive Engineering In Germany
The prime reason students are choosing to study automotive engineering is that other fields in engineering are slowly reaching their saturation point in the professional world. With students thronging for select courses in engineering, there are fewer jobs available and a disheartening amount of growth following years of study at university. Meanwhile, automotive engineering is riding technology’s high wave and it’s just up and up for students who enrol themselves in this field. A wide variety of jobs with promising growth is attracting large numbers of students.
Work in the field is also highly rewarding. Unlike other fields of work, where things tend to get highly monotonous and you might end up doing tasks you are overqualified for, in automotive engineering, you are guaranteed not a boring day at work. Now is the best time to be a part of this field because technology is changing rapidly due to the demands of the global ecosystem. Work is enjoyably challenging and you never know you might be hatching the next best and most talked-about innovation on the planet.
Another interesting thing that companies are making happen in the fast-changing world is crossovers in technology. Virtual reality, augmented reality and such seem to be the next biggest thing at people’s fingertips and might even occupy space in automotive engineering. You might be involved in inventing such concoctions and automotive engineering unlike many other fields of work, seems to encourage these innovations.
Top Universities for Automotive Engineering In Germany
- Technical University of Munich – With several campuses, the prime one being in Munich, this university is among the top for automotive engineering in Germany. It belongs to the category of the oldest universities in Germany and is named a University of Excellence. It is a research-driven university and its course on Automotive Software Engineering is of repute.
- TU Dortmund University – Another reputed university, it is among the top technical universities in Germany. Its main focus is on sustainable development and mindfully innovating with the changing times.
- RWTH Achen University – A mainstay on the list of the top technical universities in the world, it is the largest university of technology in Germany. It is among the best universities in Germany for automobile engineering. It is prided on its excellence in teaching and research and has some of the most notable alumni in science and engineering. The top courses are Production Systems Engineering and Automotive Engineering.
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences – Founded in 1868 with 3 campuses, it is also among the top schools for automotive engineering in Germany. It provides a wide variety of courses including 25 Bachelor’s programmes and 12 Master’s programmes alongside other courses and diplomas. Its courses on Automotive Engineering and Automotive Systems are of renown.
- TH Koln – University of Applied Sciences – Also called Cologne University of Applied Sciences, it is situated in Cologne, Germany. Among the oldest universities to be established in Europe, you can check out its programme on Automotive Engineering.
- Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences – Another great university for automotive engineering in Germany, it also happens to be among the largest universities for applied sciences in Germany. Make sure check to check out the course prospectus for Automotive Engineering at the university.
If you enjoyed reading this blog on the “Top Universities in Germany for Automotive Engineering” make sure to check out our other blogs.
- Free Universities in Germany
- Data Science Institutes in Australia You Must Consider
- AI vs Machine Learning | Major Differences
Get Personalised Counselling Expert