Chevening Scholarships are provided by the UK government to over 160 countries supporting international students with good leadership qualities. These scholarships are unique opportunities for Malaysian students to pursue their higher studies in the esteemed universities of the UK. They are usually awarded for those who wish to pursue a one year masters degree or postgraduate degree. Chevening Scholarships for Malaysia are fully funded scholarships enabling Malaysian students to utilise their one year in the UK by building themselves into outstanding professionals and developing strong and positive networks with like-minded people. Recipients of this scholarship are usually students who portray strong ambitions, good academic background, and great leadership qualities.
What Do Chevening Scholarships For Malaysia Cover?
Since Chevening Scholarships are fully funded scholarships, the students are free to focus on their professional goals and mould themselves accordingly in the one-year span of time. Chevening Scholarships For Malaysia gives the students a chance to excel academically, grow professionally, network extensively and experience the UK culture while taking care of the following:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Which Are The Fields Of Study That Chevening Scholarships For Malaysia Includes?
Students wishing to pursue their masters program or postgraduate programs can apply for the Chevening Scholarships For Malaysia in the following fields of study:
- Human rights
- Public administration
- Project planning
- Political science
- International relations
- Diplomatic training
- Environmental studies
Eligibility Criteria For Applying To Chevening Scholarships In Malaysia
Applicants for this scholarship must take note of the following requirements before proceeding with the application.
- While submitting the application form, the applicant must ensure that he/she has completed their undergraduate degree course and are eligible to apply for a postgraduate program in the UK universities.
- It is necessary for applicants to be a part of a Chevening-eligible country in order to apply for this scholarship scheme.
- After completing the one year postgraduate program at a UK university, the student must return to their country of residence for a minimum period of two years.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have at least two years of work experience which is equivalent to 2800 hours.
- The applicant must apply to three different eligible courses and should have received an unconditional offer letter from one of these choices.
- The applicant should be proficient in English and must meet the necessary English language requirements.
- The applicant must portray great leadership qualities.
Required Documents For Chevening Scholarships In Malaysia
All Chevening applicants are required to submit the following documents during the application process:
- Education Documents – Secondary Education, Undergraduate Degree, or any other equivalent.
- References – Letter of recommendation/ reference
- Offer Letter – One unconditional UK university offer letter
Application Procedure For Chevening Scholarships In Malaysia
- Apply for the desired masters program at a UK university (applications can be made to any 3 UK universities offering the Chevening scholarship)
- Apply for the Chevening Scholarship in August via the online application system.
- Answer all the questions in a minimum of 100 words and maximum 500 words
- Submit the required documents in JPG/PNG/PDF format. (The document size should not exceed 5 MB)
University Partners For Chevening Scholarships In Malaysia
There are a number of universities that accept students who are recipients of the Chevening award. A few of them are listed below –
- University of Surrey
- University of Southampton
- University of Birmingham
- The University of York
- Swansea University
- University of Cambridge
- Queen Mary University of London
- Durham University
- Cardiff University
- University of Bristol
If the candidates fit into the criteria of Chevening scholarships in Malaysia after submitting the necessary documents and applying to the university, they will be called for an interview round before they are selected. They will be interviewed by panels of British embassies or high commissions. The interview will be communicated in English. Both personal and professional questions will be asked during the interview. An applicant needs to upload a few documents before appearing for the interview –
- Educational Documents
- Two letters of references
- A short biography of themselves
- A passport photo or a valid national identity card
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on Chevening Scholarships In Malaysia. If you are interested in knowing more about scholarships in Malaysia like this, check out the different scholarships available on UniScholarz and choose from a wide range of scholarships.
If you wish to know more about applying for scholarships, these blogs might be of interest: