Erasmus rightly emphasized that “The main hope of a nation lies in the education of its youth” and this cannot be more apt. Students want to gain the best quality education by getting into top universities all over the world. However, budget constraints come in between hindering them to go in pursuit of their dreams. The Government of India therefore supports the students who wish to study abroad by implementing several scholarship schemes. The national overseas scholarship scheme by the Indian Government provides a beacon of light to students who are marred by financial constraints. The deserving students can then avail these scholarships and study the course of their choice from top universities. A few of these scholarships for studying abroad by the Indian Government are listed below.
Fulbright – Nehru Master’s Fellowships | Scholarships For Studying Abroad By The Indian Government
Outstanding Indian students who wish to pursue their master’s degree program in the US are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship for studying abroad covers tuition fees, airfare (economy), textbooks, and a living stipend. It is funded by the United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF).
- Applicants must secure a minimum average score of 55% in their undergraduate degree course from a recognized Indian institution.
- The degree must be equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years full time work experience in the related field of study.
- Great leadership skills with an experience in community service.
Areas of Study
This scholarship is offered to students who wish to pursue their masters’ degree in the following areas of study – Arts and Culture, Environmental Science, International Legal Studies, Public Health, Gender Studies, Urban and Regional Planning, and Public Administration.
Terms & Conditions
- After completion of their master’s course or research, applicants must return to work in their home country.
- Applicants can apply for the scholarship program only under the Fulbright-Nehru category.
- Financial aid is not provided to the dependents by this scholarship program.
- Extension of the fellowship program is not permitted after completion of the course
- The applications are to be submitted online, unless stated otherwise
- Plagiarism in the application form leads to disqualification
Get one step closer to getting your education loan and student accommodation by clicking on the banners in this blog.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme | Scholarship Provided By The Indian Government To Study Abroad
Students selected to pursue their masters’ degree or their PhD courses are assisted financially with the help of the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme. This scholarship for studying abroad by the Indian Government covers tuition fees as well as contingent expenses, travel allowances and maintenance expenses.
- The applicants must belong to Scheduled Castes or Particular Vulnerable Tribes including landless agricultural laborers and nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes.
- They must secure a minimum score of 55% in their undergraduate studies if they are applying for masters’ or 55% in their postgraduate studies if they are applying for a PhD
- They must not have more than one sibling in their family availing this scholarship
- They must be below 35 years of age
- The total family income of the applicant cannot exceed INR 6,00,000
Areas of Study
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme is a scholarship for studying abroad and covers the following fields of study
|Area of Study||Number of slots in the respective field|
Chevening Scholarships | Indian Government Study Abroad Scholarships
This scholarship is funded by the UK government to postgraduate students exclusively. It started off with the motive of encouraging professionals and students to pursue higher studies in the field of their choice. It covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs to and from the UK, and other allowances.
- Candidates must have a postgraduate degree or its equivalent
- A minimum work experience of 5 years is required
- The necessary English language proficiency requirements must be met
- Leadership qualities must be demonstrated
- Candidates must be citizens of an eligible Chevening Fellowship country
Areas Of Study
This scholarship scheme covers all one year masters’ programs.
The Inlaks-Shivdasani Foundation is a scholarship for studying abroad by the Indian Government and is provided to exceptional students who have proved their talent and wish to gain professional training at Universities of their choice. Tuition fees and living expenses are covered up to USD 100,000. This is one of the best Indian Government study abroad scholarships.
- Students applying for this scholarship should hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian university.
- Candidates should be lesser than 30 years of age
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen
Areas of Study
This scholarship program is available in Architecture, Applied Arts and Conservation, Business Administration, Communications, Design and Fashion Design, Fine Arts, Theatre and Dance, Special Education and Law, Music and Composition.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarship
This is a scholarship for studying abroad to enable students to pursue masters level study programs across European institutions. They are conferred to students who wish to attend one of their joint programs at either masters or doctoral level. The scholarship is a full-time scholarship funding for the tuition fees, travel costs, insurance costs and other living expenses.
- Applicants who will benefit from this scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant.
- Candidates can apply to a maximum of three different Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree.
- It is a must for the students to have at least one undergraduate degree from a recognized institution or an equivalent qualification.
- During the two year masters’ course, applicants must study full time.
Areas of Study
This national overseas scholarship scheme by the Indian Government award covers 116 masters’ courses and 29 doctoral courses from different areas of study including Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Mathematics & Computing, Manufacturing, Health & Welfare, Social Sciences, Arts, and Business & Law.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog. Finding more information about scholarships and how to apply for them? UniScholarz has some blogs for you. Go ahead and read