Salut mon amie!
Feel like studying in France? That’s going to be easy! Especially if you are an Indian student. Thanks to Campus France, France’s Government Agency that operates under the Ministry of External Affairs and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. In India, Campus France is a part of the cooperation service of the French Embassy of India.
The Embassy offers France scholarships for Indian students who wish to pursue their higher education in France. Every year the French Embassy offers this scholarship to more than 500 talented Indian students.
Where Can You Find France Scholarships for Indian Students?
Charpak Scholarship Programme
The programme, named after French physicist and Nobel prize winner George Charpak offers Indian students funds for Masters and Bachelors. It covers three types of funding:
Research scholarship is for Indian students enrolled in Indian universities pursuing their Masters or Bachelors who want to take up a research or training programme at French universities.
Eligibility for the Research Scholarship:
- Reside in India while applying for this scholarship and be an Indian national.
- You can apply for this scholarship as long as you are not older than 30 years of age.
- Must be enrolled in an Indian university pursuing their Masters or Bachelors
- You must provide evidence of your admission into the college you have applied to.
- The duration of your course can be a maximum of 2 of months and not less than a minimum of 1 month.
- If the duration of your course exceeds 1 month, the award is non renewable.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
– You will be given a monthly stipend of 700 euros for a maximum of 2 months between spring and summer season entries.
– However, the scholarship will not cover your travel expenses, any living or funding with assistance with accommodation expenses.
– In addition, the scholarship wont cover any medical insurances or expenses.
Raman – Charpak Fellowship | France Scholarship for Indian Students
In honour of Indian Nobel Laureate, Prof. C.V Raman and French Nobel Laureate Prof. Georges Charpak, the scholarship was launched in the year 2013. To strengthen Indo-French scientific cooperation between India and French laboratories. The aim is to ease the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries.
The scholarship covers the following fields of sciences:
Earth, Engineering, Biological Sciences, Materials, Physics, Mathematical, Atmospheric, Computatitional, Chemical, Life and Medical.
Eligibility for Raman – Charpak Fellowship:
- You should be an Indian Citizen or a resident of India.
- If you are applying in France, you should be a resident of France of a French citizen.
- You should be enrolled into your institute before applying for this scholarship.
- You can only apply for this scholarship if you are below 30 years of age
Benefits of this Scholarship:
- For an Indian applicant, fellowship support of €1500 per month for accommodation, local travel, living expenses etc.
- For a French student in India, a fellowship support of Rs. 40,000 per month to include daily expenses, accommodation costs, travel expenses etc.
- Admissions costs and visa registrations
- One return ticket between India and France.
- Carte de Sejour: Residence Permit costs
Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA):
This was launched by France’s president Emmanuel Macron. This has enthused many Indian students to apply for this initiative that offers France scholarships to Indian students.
In collaboration with Campus France, the initiative encourages Indian students to study in France. This is in order to gain expertise and knowledge in the fields of climate change, sustainability and other environmental issues.
Eligibility for MOGPA:
- Possess a French License or an equivalent Bachelor’s Degree.
- You should belong to one of the eligible countries
- You are eligible only if you have not resided in France after April 1st, 2019.
Benefits of MOGPA:
- Scholars will receive a grant of €1,190 every month for a period of 12 months.
- The scholarship will cover your medical insurance, travel costs, living expenses and round trip airfare.
Eiffel Scholarship Programme of Excellence
Offered by the French Ministry of Foriegn Affairs and International Development through Campus France Paris this is a French scholarship For Indian Students.
The university or institution you have applied in will apply on your behalf.
The scholarship covers two levels of study:
- Masters degree program,
- An Engineering Program
- Or a Joint masters-doctoral degree program.
Value and Benefits of the for Masters and Doctoral Scholarship:
The scholarship covers the following costs and expenses of the scholar:
- Travel Airfare
- Travel costs within france
- Health Insurance
- Costs of extracurricular activities
Value and benefits for Joint Programme:
- To avail this scholarship you must begin your academic studies at a French university or institution
- The scholarship does not cover tuition fees
- Awardees must claim their return benefits within 12 months of their scholarship duration.
Eligibility for this Scholarship:
- The program is reserved for international students. Students who are French citizens are not eligible to apply.
- Students applying for Masters should not be older than 25 years of age.
- If you are applying for a doctoral degree, you must not be 30 or under at the time of application.
- If you have applied and received a French scholarship you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Thank you for reading our blog on France Scholarship for Indian Students, if you are curious about more scholarships from around the world, the following may be of interest to you:
- Simple Formula to Get LSE Masters Scholarships
- How To Get A Netherlands Masters Scholarship
- Study In Australia With Australian Government Scholarship