The ASEAN scholarship Singapore is awarded by the Ministry of Education to bright students who wish to pursue their higher education in Singapore. This scholarship is provided to permanent residents of the ASEAN member countries (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam). The candidates selected for this scholarship program will be admitted for their undergraduate courses at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Who Is Eligible To Apply For The ASEAN Scholarship Singapore?
Before applying for this scholarship, candidates must make sure that they are eligible to get selected for the program.
- Candidates must be citizens of the ASEAN member countries.
- Candidates must possess good leadership qualities.
- Candidates must present a record of good co-curricular
- Candidates must have outstanding high school results.
- Candidates must apply to a full-time undergraduate program at NUS.
Get one step closer to securing your education loan and student accommodation by clicking on the banners in the blog.
What Does The ASEAN Scholarship Singapore Cover?
This Singapore ASEAN scholarship provides for
- Tuition Fees
- Living Allowance of $ 5,800 per annum
Unlike most scholarship programs, the ASEAN scholarship Singapore does not require applicants to sign a 3 year bond that is applicable under the Tuition Grant Scheme.
How To Apply For The Scholarship?
There is no separate application required for the ASEAN scholarship Singapore. Students admitted into the NUS for their undergraduate studies will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
How Are Candidates Shortlisted For The Scholarship?
Candidates will be assessed on their suitability for this scholarship based on:
- The strength of their application form submitted for joining the university.
- Their performance in the scholarship selection interview.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for the interview via e-mail and will have to provide a submission proof of their participation in co-curricular activities and other achievements.
- Right before the interview, they will also have to submit a personal statement.
The selection process for the ASEAN scholarship Singapore commences in January and ends in June. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection outcomes by mid-July. The National University of Singapore (NUS) reserves the right not to award scholarships to candidates who lack sufficient merit.
Terms And Conditions
- The ASEAN scholarship Singapore covers for a full-time undergraduate course at The National University of Singapore.
- The scholarship lapses at the end of the undergraduate course but can be transferred across courses except for the following courses: Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Music and Yale-NUS College.
- Due to the high competitive nature of Dentistry, Law & Medicine courses, there are limited scholarships available in these fields.
- Students are required to take up the Ministry of Education (MOE) Tuition Grant Scheme in order to receive this scholarship.
- There is no requirement for the students to sign a bond stating that they will work for three years in Singapore after completing their course of study.
- Without prior approval of the National University of Singapore (NUS), students cannot hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance.
- Recipients of this scholarship are required to maintain a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.5 or equivalent due to constant monitoring and renewals.
- Recipients of this scholarship must maintain good conduct throughout.
- Scholars can take up overseas programs during their course of study only for one semester.
- Students receiving this scholarship must involve in community programs or appropriate projects deemed by the University.
- This scholarship does not guarantee employment upon graduation or completion of the course.
- If the candidate decides to withdraw from the scholarship program mid-way through or wishes to terminate his/her scholarship, the University will impose a repayment of the scholarship money provided for the candidate.
Studying At The National University Of Singapore
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is renowned for its rigorous academic curriculum with many multi-disciplinary courses that it offers to its students. It has adopted a transformative education system that allows students to transfer between courses, opt for study abroad exchange programs, entrepreneurial internships, double degree, and joint degree programs with other world’s top universities. This university hosts more than 38,000 students from over 100 countries. Studying at the NUS via the ASEAN scholarship Singapore is very beneficial for international students in terms of gaining quality education, with strong professional qualities, and at the same time covering a major part of their expenses. Let us know in the comment section if you think this ASEAN scholarship Singapore university is your future university.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on How To Apply For The ASEAN Scholarship Singapore. If you are interested in knowing more about scholarships in Singapore like the ones mentioned in this blog, check out the different scholarships available on UniScholarz and choose from a wide range of scholarships.
If you wish to know more about applying for scholarships, these blogs might be of interest:
Get Personalised Counselling Expert
Get Personalised Counselling Expert