Singapore is popularly known as the IT and business hub of Asia. It has ample study opportunities and job opportunities for students wishing to pursue their higher education. The leading universities of Singapore have been ranked amongst the world’s top 20 universities. It also has affiliations with top universities in Australia, the US, and the UK. Singapore attracts a lot of students due to its excellent education system, high quality of life, and diverse student population. There are a number of students who prioritize Singapore as their study destination for pursuing an MBA because it has a high probability of employment within the country after graduation. Moreover, there are several MBA scholarships in Singapore for these students to make use of in terms of managing their funds. For students wishing to experience a unique and contemporary education system, Singapore is the perfect place.
Why Pursue MBA In Singapore? | MBA Scholarships In Singapore
Is it worth pursuing an MBA in Singapore? Students often ponder upon this question and evaluate their pros and cons before proceeding with their application. UniScholarz has answered this question for them by listing down a few reasons for choosing Singapore to study MBA.
- Singapore universities offering MBA courses to students have been ranked as the world’s top educational institutes as per the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2021. The teaching patterns incorporated in these institutes make the students achievers and global leaders.
- Singapore is well known for catching up with the pace of technological developments. This digitally ready country advances along with the technology and incorporates the same within its education system.
- A lot of international students choose Singapore as their study abroad destination, making it an internationally diverse country. There is always scope for meeting and interacting with new people, exchanging ideas and opinions, and learning new things.
- Singapore, being home to over 7000 MNC’s, offers employment opportunities for students after completing their MBA courses from their universities.
- Due to its affiliations with universities from other countries like Australia, the UK and the US, Singapore offers transfer programs to their students.
- Tech-driven students who are looking forward to launching a business of their own can specialize in innovation and entrepreneurship through modules like new venture creation and social entrepreneurship.
Different MBA Scholarships In Singapore
Students wishing to pursue MBA in Singapore can avail scholarships in three different ways-
- University funded scholarships
- Externally funded scholarships
- Government funded scholarships
NTU-MBA Scholarship | MBA Colleges In Singapore With Scholarships
NTU is a popular university offering MBA scholarships in Singapore to its students. Applicants wishing to pursue MBA in Nanyang Business School (NTU) can apply for this scholarship. These scholarships cover tuition fees for 3 trimesters (12 months).
- The scholarship is usually provided on the basis of merit, and at some times as per financial needs.
- Students applying for this scholarship should not be on paid employment or should not accept paid employment while holding this scholarship.
INSEAD Antonio Borges Endowed Scholarship
This is one of the MBA scholarships in Singapore that was initiated to help students of any nationality to afford their MBA studies at INSEAD. It was established in the memory of Antonio Borges and receives its major fundings from the INSEAD alumnus. This scholarship covers tuition fees and the maximum amount that can be availed by a student is 10,000 euros.
- Applicants are required to have work experience if they wish to receive MBA funding in Singapore via the INSEAD fellowship.
- The work experience will be accepted if the applicant is either admitted or is in the interview process of getting admitted to the INSEAD campus for MBA.
- Candidates must portray outstanding academic capabilities and their work experience and personal profile should contribute to the diversity of the MBA program.
Under each of these scholarship programmes, students can opt for tonnes of scholarships that best suit them. Preference will be given to those students who are in financial need wherein 20% of the scholarship funds are reserved for the Round 3 candidates. Students can opt from various scholarships provided under this program and can avail of it.
The other university-specific scholarships offered by MBA colleges in Singapore include:
- Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships at NUS
- NUS MBA Study Awards
If you are an international student who needs help with student accommodation or student loans, all you have to do is click on the banners in this blog.
Externally Funded Scholarships | MBA Funding In Singapore
Forte Fellows Programme 2018-19
Forte Fellows Programme 2018-19 is a partial funding international scholarship offered by the Forte Foundation for international students. Students eligible for this scholarship are open to all nationalities and can avail this scholarship for pursuing MBA in Singapore.
AMBA 50th Anniversary Scholarships, 2017
This is a partial funding scholarship offered by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) for international students. Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Government Funded Scholarships| MBA Scholarships In Singapore
These scholarships or grants are awarded to international students only if they sign a bond stating that they will work in Singapore for 3 years post their completion. The amount awarded to the students solely depends on their course fees and the education loan taken by the student.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on MBA Scholarships In Singapore. If you are interested in knowing more about scholarships in Singapore like the ones mentioned in this blog, check out the different scholarships available on UniScholarz and choose from a wide range of scholarships.
If you wish to know more about applying for scholarships, these blogs might be of interest:
If you are looking for assistance with student education loans, head to UniCreds today.
Get Personalised Counselling Expert
Get Personalised Counselling Expert