MBBS is square one for students looking to realise their dreams in medicine. A highly competitive, highly gruelling and at the same time, highly rewarding field remains the dream career choice for many. Countries around the world have come out at the top with world-class facilities, cutting-edge training, high-standard faculty and much more to provide medical students with the best education and training them for the real world. An unlikely contender, Poland is climbing the ladder to becoming a top country of choice for students pursuing medicine. MBBS in Poland has become a smart and well thought out option for many owing to the beautiful European country and striving for the highest quality of education in medicine.
In this article, we will discuss what makes MBBS in Poland a great choice, the top universities there, their fee structures and courses offered in the medical field.
Why MBBS In Poland?
Poland houses some of the best medical universities in the world. What makes MBBS in Poland an attractive option is the economical fee structure and the country’s affordable cost of living. Compared to its counterparts in the West, education and student living in Poland are inexpensive yet promise to provide students with a wholesome university experience.
The highly ranked universities in the country gain another advantage in regards to their world-class facilities and cutting-edge technology employed at their campuses.
Unlike other European countries, the MBBS courses are taught all in English making MBBS in Poland accessible to students from varied nationalities.
Studying medicine in Poland may well be a ticket to practising medicine in countries including Germany, the United States of America as well as the United Kingdom. A whopping 75% of degree holders from Poland are awarded amazing opportunities in medicine across the globe.
For students looking to study further, there are also varied openings in postgraduate programmes in medicine in Poland. It is easier to get into these Master’s programmes once you have completed your undergraduate course in Poland.
For students looking to put down roots in Poland, the country also issues a blue card to its international students. Almost 500 Indian students get enrolled in medical universities in Poland each year. They are also provided with compulsory year-long internship training in government or private medical hospitals.
Another reason Poland has become such a popular study locale is that students are not required to qualify for IELTS or TOEFL as an entry requirement.
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS In Poland
- You need to be a minimum of 17 years of age and no more than 25 years old to pursue an MBBS in the country.
- You need to have obtained a minimum of 60% in your higher secondary education (10+2).
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are a must at the intermediary level.
- For Indian students, successfully clearing the NEET exam is a given.
Courses Offered | MBBS In Poland
Below are the programmes in medicine offered in universities across Poland:
- Undergraduate Medical Courses – 6 years
- Graduate Entry Medical Courses – 4 years accelerated programme
- Pharmacy Programme – 5 years
- Dentistry – 5 to 5 and a half years
- PhD Course – 3 years
- Nursing Course – 3 years
Top MBBS Colleges In Poland
- Jagiellonian University – Regarded as the oldest university in Poland and the 13th oldest university in continuous operation in the world, Jagiellonian is Poland’s most prestigious university. It is also the oldest medical school in Poland. The university is ranked as the number one medical university in Poland.
- Nicolaus Copernicus University – Another great university, NCU in Torun is ranked 6th in Poland for medicine and 823 across the globe.
- Poznan University of Medical Science – Accredited by the Polish Accreditation Committee, Poznan is another prominent medical university in the country. Founded in 1919, it is ranked as 1423 Best Global Universities.
- Medical University of Warsaw – Among the oldest and the largest medical university in Poland, its academic department of medicine can be traced back to 1809. Ranked 701 across the world, it is among the most renowned and prestigious universities in Poland and is affiliated with a number of large hospitals in the country.
- Medical University of Silesia – Silesia has five departments under medicine including Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Public Health and Health Sciences. Located in Katowice, it is another great option to study medicine in Poland.
Poland MBBS Fees
Below is the fee structure for the above-mentioned universities for MBBS in Poland:
|University||Fee in the US $/Year|
|Nicolaus Copernicus University||$12,800|
|Poznan University of Medical Science||$11,700|
|Medical University of Warsaw||$13,100|
|Medical University of Silesia||$7,200|
If you enjoyed reading this blog on “MBBS In Poland”, make sure to check these out too:
- Ultimate List of In-Demand Jobs in the UK
- Best Courses to Study in Canada After 12th
- Free Universities in Germany
Get Personalised Counselling Expert