Studying PhD in Data science in Australia is a critical decision as there are many factors that one must consider. Below, there are a few points that will help you before considering where you should study.
- Research & Funding
- Living Conditions
- Course Duration (differs from country to country)
- Entry Requirements
More About PhD In Data Science In Australia
A data science degree in Australia takes 1-2 years, depending on the student’s past qualifications and experience. The cost of studying data science at an Australian university varies between 35,000 and 90,000 Australian dollars (total tuition fees of the complete program). Anyone from allied professions can pursue a master’s degree in Australia for data science, which is mostly focused on the concepts of mathematics and computing. Students will be able to derive significant insights from the data obtained via this course.
You’ll need IELTS (6.5 or other exam equivalents), a 65% or above in your four-year bachelor’s degree, and professional LORs to get into a Masters in Data Science programme in Australia. Applicants must apply for Australian universities within the deadlines in order to buy time to obtain a student visa. You can immigrate to Australia after finishing your data science degree since data science-related occupations are in high demand, and graduates from Australian universities are sometimes given extra credit when applying for PR.
Recommended Read: Everything you need to know about data science in the UK
Why Study PhD In Data Science In Australia?
- By September 2019, Australia had seen an increase of 11% in international student enrollment, with 720,150 students enrolled in various subjects.
- The need for data scientists is expected to skyrocket in the future years, with any data scientist earning three times the median pay of Australians.
- According to one poll performed by the Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA), entry-level data scientists can earn up to 30,000 AUD per year.
- Australia’s Data Science employment is predicted to rise from 301,000 employees in 2016-17 to 339,000 persons in 2021-22, according to economic surveys done by Deloitte in 2017.
- An annual growth rate of 2.4% has resulted in an increase of about 38,000 personnel.
Top Universities For An Australia Data Science Masters Degree
There are many international universities in Australia where you can get top-notch study experience.
|Rank||Institution||Program||Program Fee (AUD)|
|#32||The University of Melbourne||Masters in Data Science (2 years)||71,242|
|#40||The Australian National University||Master of Applied Data Analytics* (1.5 years)||48,384|
|#42||The University of Sydney||Master of Data Science (1 year)||46,000|
|#51-100||University of New South Wales (UNSW)||Master of Information Technology (Data Science) (2 years)||51,840|
|#51-100||Monash University||Master of Data Science (1.5-2 years)||33,600|
|#51-100||University of Queensland||Master of Data Science (2 years)||90,240|
|#51-100||The University of Technology Sydney||Master of Data Science and Innovation (2 years)||79,104|
Take a step ahead in your study abroad dream by clicking on the banners today!
If you’re looking for a data science and analytics programme, there are a few universities that offer master’s degrees in big data, data analytics, and related fields:
- Masters in Computer Science from the University of Wollongong (machine learning and big data)
- Predictive Analysis at Curtin University
Key Notes On PhD In Data Science In Australia
Admissions | Where To Apply: The majority of Australian universities have a similar admissions process. As an international student, you will be forwarded to the respective university’s online application portal. Alternatively, some colleges enable international students to apply through a network of authorised agents in their home country. There are many universities with a high acceptance rate in Australia.
|University of Melbourne||30 November|
|The University of Sydney||31 January|
|University of Queensland||November 30|
|The University of Adelaide||Currently Open (August)|
|The University of Technology Sydney||January 15|
General Requirement For An Australia Data Science Masters Degree
A foreign student must have a 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline to be eligible for an MS degree in Data Science in Australia. Some information for MS in data science hopefuls from Australia is provided below.
- Computer science, data science, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, and finance are some of the fields where UG can be done.
- A minimum average of 65% or a GPA of 5.0 on a 7-point scale is required.
Documents Required For A PhD In Data Science In Australia
In contrast to other nations, Australia does not need international students to submit GRE or GMAT results in order to be accepted into a master’s degree programme in Data Science. We’ve compiled a list of the most important documents for everyone:
- Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Overseas Students Health Insurance
If you liked reading this blog on “All About PhD In Data Science In Australia” then make sure you check out our other informative blogs linked below!