It doesn’t matter from where you belong! If you have the qualifications and experience, you can apply for PhD Scholarships in any part of the world. However, the top countries to study PhD in are the USA, UK and Australia. There is also an option to pursue a PhD in Singapore with a scholarship for Indian students. In addition to that, Indian students make up for the majority of PhD students across the globe. To help you find the best scholarships, we have sorted out the top PhD scholarships in India and also scholarships available for international students.
PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
NTR Vidyadharan Overseas Scholarship |PhD Scholarships Offered Worldwide|
This scholarship is for students who want to study in the following countries:
Germany, America, Canada, Netherlands, France, Russia, Philippines, New Zealand, Kazakhstan, Singapore, Denmark, Australia.
International PhD Scholarships such as this one offer students with funds for their Master’s and Diploma levels of study. The scholarship is especially offered to those who come from backward countries and classes. Candidates who require financial support must demonstrate their need for assistance in their applications. There is a possibility to pursue Ph.D. in Australia for Indian students with the help of this program.
Eligibility For This Scholarship:
- You should be a citizen of India.
- The income of your family should not exceed Rs. 6,00,000
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of your university.
- Provide evidence of scores on English Proficiency Tests (EPTs) such as TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT.
- The scholarship is competitive and you will be selected in order of merit.
Value of NTR Videshi Scholarship:
- If you are successful in becoming an NTR Scholar, you are eligible for a 10 lakh rupee grant, which may be used to pursue a Ph.D. in Australia for Indian students or a PhD in other countries.
- The grant will be paid in 2 installments. First installment: Amount of 5 lakhs will be granted upon presentation of Immigration Card. Second installment: 5 lakh payable upon your results of the 1st semester.
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Trust
Jawaharlal Nehru Trust has offered PhD scholarships to Indian postgraduate students since 1964. This has always been a merit based scholarship and requires you to be an academically meritorious student. This is one of the top PhD scholarships in India.
Eligibility For This Scholarship:
- Be an Indian Citizen
- You need to hold a first class degree with a minimum of 60% in graduate and postgraduate degree
- Already enrolled into a full time PhD course into a recognised university or college.
- You can only apply for this scholarship if you are below 35 years of age.
Value Of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Trust
Nehru Scholars will receive a maintenance allowance of Rs. 18,000 per month, this can also be used against payment of tuition fees. Additionally, you will also get a contingency allowance for study tours, stationary, research equipment, etc.
PhD Scholarships in Germany
PhD Fellowship at Hector Fellow Academy in Germany |PhD Scholarships Offered Worldwide|
If you want to learn Natural Sciences and Engineering at the Best institutes in Germany, Hector Fellow academy offers such PhD Scholarships for Germany. The deadline for applying for this fellowship is at the end of March and you must keep yourself updated with the guides on the academy.
If you’re an international student who requires assistance with student accommodation and/or an education loan, all you have to do is click on the banners in this blog.
Eligibility For PhD Hector Fellow Academy Fellowship:
- You should be a holder of a Masters Degree.
- You must need the English Language Requirements of the university you are applying to.
- You must agree to locate near the university premises.
- You are not eligible to apply if you have worked as a fellow assistant at Hector Academy.
- Prepare a research proposal prior to applying for this scholarship. You have greater chances of being considered for the fellowship if you can present a thorough research proposal in your subject area.
What Is The Value of This Fellowship?
- You are eligible for a monthly salary
- Your research will be funded upto €9,500 per year.
What Do You Need To Submit With Your Application?
- An abstract of their PhD research project. The word count should not be less than 3,000 words to a maximum of 6,000 words.
- You should also present a Master’s thesis summary.
- If you have letters of recommendation from your previous faculties, you have greater chances of being considered for the fellowship.
- Attach a your CV with the submitted application
Looking for affordable student accommodation? Find high quality and affordable student accommodation near the top international universities for international students with UniAcco.
DAAD PhD Scholarships in Germany
DAAD Scholarships for PhD target Bachelors and PhD candidates who are excellently qualified. You can contribute to research projects and continue scientific education at a state recognized higher institution in Germany.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Submit your academic achievements such as conference contributions, publications and projects.
- You must provide these documents while submitting your application.
- You might have to provide proof of contact for references wherever possible.
- In addition to being academically talented, students who are involved in cultural, social, political commitments are also ideally selected.
Value of the Scholarship:
- The value of the scholarship depends on your academic qualifications and achievements
- You can a draw a maximum of: €861 for graduate students; €1,200 for doctoral applicants
DAAD Scholarship Germany has been breaking records and has become the largest funding organisation in the world. Become a part of the DAAD community by studying in Germany.
PhD Scholarships USA
Fulbright Student Program |PhD Scholarships Offered Worldwide|
The Fulbright Student Program was initiated to facilitate the “promotion of international goodwill through the exchange of students in the fields of education, culture, and science”. Under this program, graduate students, young professionals and artists from all countries can study and conduct research in the USA. The program operates in more than 160 countries with over 8000 students, both domestic and international, benefiting from this scholarship every year. Under this program, there is a possibility to pursue a Ph.D. in Ireland for Indian students with scholarships.
Eligibility For Fulbright Student Program
The eligibility criteria varies depending on the country you are applying from. For example Fulbright scholarship for Ph.D. in Ireland for Indian students with scholarships. may differ from Fulbright Scholarships for Indian Students.
Additionally, you are required to keep yourself with the guidelines of the scholarship. The application deadlines, guidelines and requirements may change without prior notice. Fulbright Scholarships are available in more than 160 countries and you can apply for any field of study.
Value Of This Fulbright Study Program:
The scholarship grant provides funds that can be used against tuition fees, health insurance, your living expenses etc. This is done only for the duration of your study.
Helen Hay Whitney Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
This fellowship is funded by the Helen Hay Foundation founded by Joan Whitney in 1943. If you are a Master’s PhD or Postdoctoral student student, you are eligible for this fellowship in the field of medical sciences. You can now study in the USA with scholarships if you apply to the Helen Hay Foundation.
Eligibility For Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship:
- You should hold at least one year experience in postdoctoral research.
- You must hold a PhD or an equivalent degree to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is suited for students who are willing to relocate to the USA to complete their degree.
- The advisory committee will offer this scholarship to you based on your academic performance and financial need.
- Once your application is screened, you will be called for an interview.
- Cracking the interview is the most crucial part of the application process. If you are able to convince the committee to grant you this fellowship, your application will be approved.
Value Of Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship:
- A research allowance of up to $1,500 per year.
- Based on your academic performance, you will be provided an annual stipend of $54,000 in your first year of study, $57,000 in the second year and $60,000 in the third year.
- In addition to that, all your travel expenses will also be covered.
Thanks for reading this blog on PhD Scholarships, if you are curious about scholarships for different fields of study, the following may be of help: