Applying for academic scholarships can be intimidating, difficult, and confusing, more so if it is a lengthy and complicated process. Students are quite often wary about applying for scholarships. This is where this article comes in as a respite. At Unischolarz we have been assisting various students with their scholarships, and so we have become efficient and thorough with the process. We hope to guide you well through the application process with the help of a few proven scholarship application tips and tricks. Procuring scholarships to pay your educational expenses is often the ultimate aim of various deserving college students. Scholarships are very helpful as they provide free money for college which you don’t have to repay. However, getting a scholarship can be tough as you need to do proper research, make your profile attractive, fine-tune your applications and essays and apply for as many scholarships as possible. Chevening Scholarships, Coca-Cola scholarships, and Fulbright scholarships are some of the most popular and tough scholarships to crack. We hope this article helps you with various Fulbright application tips and other application tips to crack your dream scholarship.
Here is a list of scholarship application tips from experts to make your application process easier:-
1) One of the first scholarship application tips is to apply for scholarships only if you are eligible for them. Make sure that you do proper research before applying and read all the requirements and regulations of the scholarship scheme carefully before you fill your application form. Applying for the scholarships will not make a difference if you are not qualified for them in the first place.
2) The second tip on the list of scholarship application tips is to make sure you fill out the complete application form. You need to fill and complete all sections of the application form. Even if a question is not applicable for you, write that down in the answer box. Don’t leave any question blank.
3) Think of unique answers to make your application more attractive– Your answers need to be different and unique for the scholarship committee to consider giving you the scholarship. For this reason, you need to think outside the box and list out all your achievements and the criteria which make you eligible for the scholarship. For example, if you are studying special subjects like early childhood education, business, social science, indigenous studies, and so on, you may be eligible for high-paying scholarships. If you have different strengths or special circumstances then also you are eligible for a range of scholarships. For example, if you are a woman in a male-dominated industry, a refugee, or a member of a minority community you might receive special consideration for your scholarship applications. This is one of the most useful Fulbright application tips for applicants.
If you’re an international student in search of student accommodation or an education loan, all you have to do is click on the form to your right-
4) One of the best tips for applying for scholarships is to not avoid applications that require you to write essays. Out of lethargy and convenience needs students often avoid writing scholarship essays which can lead them to miss out on a number of scholarships. If you are a good writer, filling out applications with essays can be a smart decision and a strong point for you. Even if you are not one, you can get the help of someone else who is good at writing to fill out the form. Once you get used to writing different scholarship essays the process of writing becomes easier. One of the most popular and worthy scholarships that require an essay is the Coca-Cola scholarship. Essays can also be repurposed and used for future applications and save you a lot of time. However, make sure you don’t repeat the same essay and edit and modify it for every new scholarship you apply for.
5) Get someone else to read your application– getting someone else to go through your application helps you to identify typing mistakes and other errors and also get constructive feedback. It helps you to add things to the scholarship application that you might have missed out on if they are suggested by a person who knows your strengths and weaknesses well. It will also help you to tighten up any loose ends around the scholarship application, check your grammar, and complete the application.
6) Check university websites for scholarship opportunities– if you are sure of the universities you want to apply for, then the websites of the institutes will have a lot of information about the scholarships provided by the university. Be sure to check them out. The websites often have a lot of informative resources on scholarships, financial aids, and other fundings offered by the university and its collaborative partners. This tip is recommended by a lot of scholarship winners.
7) Gather letters of recommendation- you will need to collect a number of recommendation letters for your college applications as well as scholarship applications. This can be gained from your teachers, coaches, counsellor, education community members, or other relevant people in your school who will testify for your strengths, qualifications, and talents. You should provide a framework and relevant information to the letter writer to make the process of writing a recommendation letter easier for them as they are doing you a favour.
8) Apply for all scholarships-big or small- Sometimes you might need to apply to a number of scholarships to gather the entire amount of your education expenses. Do not hesitate to apply to small scholarships as well because every bit of money counts. Also, the more scholarships you apply to, the better your chances are of winning different scholarships. All these different scholarships amount will cover all your education costs. This may seem like a tedious process, so you might need to make applying to scholarships a habit. Set a goal for yourself each month and start a year or two in advance so you are ahead of the curve. This is one of the most helpful tips for applying for scholarships.
We hope you enjoyed this article on scholarship application tips. To know more about related fields do check out our other blogs.