We are aware that the top four study destinations for international students have always been the USA, Australia, the UK and Canada. If we remove these countries from the list of the most popular study destinations, the list would look a little something like the image below. To increase the enrolment of foreign students, scholarships in Europe for non-EU students have been made abundantly available.
This article is dedicated to helping you find the most suitable scholarships to study in Europe if you are a non-EU candidate.
Scholarships In Europe For Non-EU students
Here is the complete list of the scholarships available for international students.
Holland Scholarship For Non-EU International Students
Financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science this scholarship particularly targets Master’s and Bachelor’s students who want to pursue their tertiary studies in a Dutch research institution or university of applied sciences. The scholarship is available to all students who come from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship is s follows:
- You are eligible to apply only if your nationality is Non-EU.
- You meet all the eligibility requirements for your choice of participating university.
- This should be your first time studying in the Netherlands.
- You must apply for a full-time course at a university before applying for this scholarship.
Government scholarship for Non-EU students in Europe, such as this one are highly prestigious but do not cover the full tuition fees. This scholarship is worth €5,000 for one year of study.
Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarships For Non-EU Students
Maastricht University Holland is a public university and has a well-renowned reputation worldwide. There are many scholarships available for international students in the Netherlands, however, this is the most easily accessible one. The university offers programmes for Master’s, Bachelor’s and PhD and also offers scholarships for Non-EU students. The Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarships are offered each academic year to highly qualified and talented students from outside Europe. Every year, 24 students are awarded this Holland scholarship of €29,000 each.
Eligibility criteria for these scholarship for Non-EU students in Europe are as follows:
- Students who belong outside Europe and do not have dual citizenship are eligible to apply.
- Before applying for this scholarship, you should be a full-time student at Maastricht University. This means that you need to seek admissions into the university as a student before you apply for this scholarship.
- You should be below 35 years of age.
- You have never participated in a higher education program in the Netherlands before this.
This scholarship covers living expenses. Health and other liabilities, tuition fee (up to €15,000), visa application costs, travel expenses and any pre-academic training costs.
Book affordable housing with low-cost interest by clicking on the banners today!
Denmark Government Scholarships For Non-EU Students In Europe
The Danish Government, with the availability of this government scholarship, has welcomed talented students from all over the world. This scholarship is exclusively for students who do not belong to the EEA and are enrolled in one of the participating universities in Denmark.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship is easy, simple and includes the following:
- You must be a non-European citizen to be considered for the award.
- Already be enrolled into one of the universities for a higher education program before applying for this scholarship.
- Hold a residence permit in Denmark.
The Denmark Government scholarships for Non-EU students can be given as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or grants towards covering your living costs. However, as the scholarships are administered by the individual higher education institution, you should ask for further details from the university of your choice.
Uppsala University Scholarships
Uppsala University has made a plethora of scholarships available to international students who wish to pursue their Bachelors or Masters at the university. The scholarships are only available for on-campus full-time courses. You cannot be awarded a scholarship for the Master’s programmes in Religion in Peace and Conflict, Biology Genetic and Molecular Plant Science, Biology NABiS Nordic Master in Biodiversity and Systematics, or the Joint Nordic Master’s Programme in Environmental Law.
Eligibility For Uppsala University Scholarships is as follows:
- You are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- You should be able to demonstrate academic talent, leadership and be fond of academic learning.
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- Meet the entry requirements for the university you are applying to.
The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University.
Radboud Scholarship for International Students
The Radboud Scholarship programme is highly competitive and is not offered to everyone. Radboud has a world ranking of 101 and is a leader in the fields of science and technology. Through this scholarship, only a selected number of students will receive a scholarship to pursue an English taught course at Radboud university. This is one of the highly competitive, merit-based scholarships in Europe for non-EU students.
Eligibility criteria for Radboud Scholarships for International students:
- You should be a non-EU national, holding a single passport.
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
- Hold a letter of admission from the university for a full-time course.
- Be able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands.
The scholarship will cover your tuition fees up to €16,000 and living costs up to €10,000. A partial scholarship would mean that the tuition fees payable by you is €2000 instead of €16,000.
Thanks for reading this blog on Scholarships In Europe For Non-EU Students One Told You About. If you are interested in learning more about studying abroad, the following should be of interest to you: