The land of the paella and the siesta, Spain is the second-largest country in European Union and among the top tourist destinations in the world. With its array of sunny beaches, remarkable architecture, rich history and spectacular cities, this European country is truly a delight to explore. Along with these attractions, Spain also ranks as a top education destination owing to its high standard of education and renowned universities. Students from all over the world vie to study abroad in Spain.
This blog chronicles the reasons why study abroad in Spain has been trending over the past few years and some of the top educational institutions in the country.
Why Study Abroad In Spain?
Spain has everything you are looking for. If a buzzing city-fuelled lifestyle appeals to you, you can find it in the bustling cities of Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Valencia. If you are looking to enjoy lazy Mediterranean country life, you can find it by the sun and the sea in the towns of Andalusia, Catalonia and Murcia.
An increasing number of students from countries around the world are looking to study abroad in Spain because it promises a world-class education with a truly global feel. Housing some of the best universities from the world over, these educational institutions boast the highest quality of teaching facilities and state-of-the-art student infrastructure.
Along with a bright future in education, students are able to envisage even brighter future career prospects in the country. The majority of their universities boast a high employability rate which guarantees students excellent job opportunities with an attractive salary and enviable working conditions.
Another reason for the upward curve in study abroad in Spain is that the country proves to be a comparatively affordable study abroad destination. Countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and Japan to name a few are definitely not easy on the pocket. Aside from their exorbitant tuition fees, their living costs are also sky-high which many a time does not make them ideal options for young students.
Spain is also a dream destination for the traveller in you. It takes immense pride in its stunning beaches, architecture that has taken its inspiration from multiple cultures and is a testament to its rich heritage, its modern and bustling cities and splendid scenery. Living in Spain is exposing yourself to its vibrant culture, delicious culinary delights and traditional music.
All in all, the choice to study abroad in Spain is one of the best decisions one can make for themselves. The country has a student-friendly atmosphere and a diverse student population. Young students can have an immensely memorable experience while at university in the country and enjoy themselves to the hilt.
The Best Universities In Spain | Study Abroad In Spain
The top reason students look to study abroad in Spain is due to the prestigious and renowned universities across the country which provide higher education in a variety of disciplines. Some of the best institutes in the country are –
- The University of Barcelona – Established in 1450, the University of Barcelona is among the oldest and biggest universities in Spain. This public research university is regarded as one of the most prestigious universities in the country. It provides courses on the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
- Pompeu Fabra University – Another public university in Barcelona, Pompeu Fabra is known for its flexibility in its course and study structure. It is famous for its courses in social sciences and humanities, life sciences and information and communication technology.
- Autonomous University of Madrid – This university in the capital of Spain is ranked highly throughout the rest of the country as well as across Europe. It has been continuously ranked as the top university in Spain and is known as among the most prestigious universities in Europe.
- The Complutense University of Madrid – Regarded as one of the oldest operating universities in the world, Complutense University of Madrid can trace its roots back to 1293. It has consistently found itself on the list of the 100 Best Universities in the World. Subjects spanning a variety of disciplines are taught at the university and it houses an excellent and high-quality faculty.
- The University of Granada (UGR Granada) – Founded in 1531 and housing over 80,000 students, it is another ancient educational institution in the country and also the fourth-largest. It is highly renowned for its programme in computer engineering throughout the country. Like other universities on this list, it also ranked highly both, nationally as well as globally.
- The University of Valencia – Going through this list it comes as no surprise that Spain houses some of the oldest universities in the country as well as across Europe. The University of Valencia is one other such university founded in 1499. The university is known for its programmes in medicine, law and humanities.
If you enjoyed reading our blog “Study Abroad In Spain | An Overview” do make sure to check out our other blogs:
- IELTS Score Validity
- Columbia University’s Notable Alumni
- Study In Germany For Indian Students After 12th
Get Personalised Counselling Expert
Get Personalised Counselling Expert