English proficiency is a must in almost all universities for international studies, however, Australia could just be your dream destination for academic progression. This country of natural wonders offers a plethora of courses from several universities where IELTS is not an imperative. Find out the universities to study in Australia without IELTS in this article:
List Of Universities In Australia Without IELTS
University Of Queensland
This university is well known to offer courses to students without IELTS as an essential requirement. The University of Queensland allows several pathways for students who wish to not appear for IELTS or have missed the opportunity to do so. Following are 3 ways to harness the pathways:
- General English (GE) / English Language Program (ELP): The eligibility criteria is straight-forward and easy to crack only because the university tests the candidates based on its General English Proficiency Test. What makes it even more appealing is that the university offers a number of ways to prove your proficiency in English. A candidate can even enrol into its English Proficiency Assessment which exists for the sole purpose of addressing the English language requirements for admissions into courses.
- English Study or Work Experience: University of Queensland (UQ) also allows Indian students to present their performance in English language as a discipline in SSC and HSC with a minimum score of 65%. Apart from having studied English, candidates can also present evidence of developed English skills through work experience at least 3 years before having applied to UQ for a course.
- Other English Proficiency Tests : The university accepts an overall score of 85 in TOEFL (internet based) and overall score of 570 in TOEFL (paper based)
Looking for student accommodation in Australia? UniAcco offers high-quality affordable student households in Australia’s most famous cities, located near the top universities.
University Of Adelaide
Another university to study in Australia without IELTS is this university with a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs that do not require IELTS as a minimum requirement. You are eligible to not present scores of IELTS if:
- You belong to an English speaking country. Candidates from countries like the USA, United Kingdom, South Africa or Canada where English is the primary language of communication do not require to pass Adelaide’s English Language Proficiency (ELP) criteria.
- You have studied English in previous years of academics. Providing evidence of having studied and passed with a minimum or passing grade in english language will make you eligible to apply to a number of courses without IELTS.
- You have Work Experience in an English Speaking Company. Applying through this pathway is suitable only for candidates who have demonstrated English proficiency and experience in professions such as communications, marketing and customer service. Apart from that, work experience might work as an added advantage especially to those candidates who have just fallen short of a minimum requirement for an English test.
University of South Australia
This university, among other universities in Australia without IELTS, offers its candidates two options:
- Candidates holding a conditional offer letter from the university will have to submit evidence of their English proficiency by either appearing for their season-English language programme or applying for an English waiver by following the university guidelines.
- Keeping IELTS aside, candidates can also present evidence of having passed PTE or Cambridge English Assessment.
Looking for free property & loan consultation? Click on the banners & avail now!
The university does not have a standard requirement for English proficiency for all its courses. The level of proficiency might differ according to the course chosen. The approved qualifications apart from IELTS include accepting candidates who have qualifications with English as the mode of communication.
However, if a candidate fails to present such evidence, the university offers a package that includes an English preparatory course along with the course enrolled for. Macquarie’s English Language Centre (ELC) allows students to learn and meet the requirements of English proficiency through this language course and assessment.
Swinburne University of Technology
Along with the 4 top colleges of the country, Swinburne is one of the universities to study in Australia without IELTS
It has several ways candidates can dodge IELTS as a minimum requirement such as:
- Swinburne English Language Centre with an overall score of 75% or above
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 18 in reading and 20 in writing with no less than 79 overall score.
- PTE Academic score of 58 with minimum of 50 in communicative skills.
- Have had education previously with English as the mode of communication.
- Have studied in Australia or other English speaking countries.
One can agree on the fact that the country offers a variety of methods to grant access to international students to pursue courses in Australia without IELTS. Another added advantage of dodging this assessment successfully is that it reduces a candidate’s cost of studying in Australia without IELTS.
Find out about Fly High Scholarships
Hope you enjoyed reading about the various ways in which you can study in universities in Australia without giving IELTS. To address your curiosity about studies in Australia, student life and more the following article might cater to your curiosity: