Every year the Singapore Government attracts talented students from around the world to pursue their tertiary education in Singapore. Singapore Government Scholarships, Singapore scholarships, Singapore scholarship for international students, Singapore scholarship for Indian students such as the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse search community in Singapore. The country is the fastest growing gateways for international students to join the Singaporean workforce. Singapore is home to some of the top ranking universities in the world for biomedical sciences, engineering and business.
Estimated Living Expense to Study in Singapore
|Food||S$ 350 – S$ 450|
|Accomodation||S$ 450 – S$ 700|
|Transport||S$ 100 – S$ 150|
|Miscellaneous (stationary, laundry, recreation)||S$ 400 – S$ 500|
|Total||S$ 1,300 – S$ 1,800|
The Following are the Most Popular Singapore Government Scholarships
Singapore International Graduate Award (SIGNA)
This Singapore scholarship for International students is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research, the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore and the Singapore University of Technology and Design.
Students who want to pursue their research studies in the fields of Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering in Singapore may apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is fully funded and covers the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$ 2,000 which may increase to S$2,500 upon passing the qualifying examination.
- Single way airfare upto S$1,500
- Settling allowance upto S$1,500
Eligibility for SINGA
- Open to all international students with a passion for research and education
- Good English language skills – written and spoken
- Good Academic references
GIC Scholarship Program 2021
This scholarship is available for all fields of study. Students can access many resources for informal and formal education. The GIC scholarship aims to turn talented students into purposeful professionals. Students are free to choose from a diverse range of fields to study such as Accountancy, Economics, Engineering Mathematics and Liberal Arts just to name a few.
Value of GIC Scholarship Programme 2021:
- Fully Funded Tuition Fees
- Funding for learning opportunities, including but not limited to, exchange programs, study abroad programs, third language studies etc.
- Return Airfare
Eligibility for GIC
This is one of the most easily accessible Singapore Government scholarships, Singapore scholarships for international students.
- Applicants from all nationalities are welcome to apply
- Candidates must demonstrate critical thinking, decision making and creativity.
- Candidates should be passionate about a career at GIC.
Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
This scholarship for international students supports short term research at the reading universities in Singapore for undergraduate studies. Another one of the most popular Singapore Government scholarships that provides full funding to students for their Bachelors and Master degrees.
The scholarship is fully funded and covers the following
- Monthly stipend of S$ 1,500
- Research periods for 2 to 6 months only.
- Open to all students who want to pursue their bachelors or masters degree in biomedical sciences or physical and engineering sciences.
- Students must be accepted into a Singaporean university to pursue their bachelors or masters.
- Students must submit a report of their experience in research.
S.P Jain School of Global Management Dean’s List Scholarship, 2021
S.P Jain Scholarship is aided by the Singapore Government Scholarship and is offered to students who want to pursue their bachelors in the subjects offered by S.P Jain School of Global Management. The scholarship is applicable to students from North and South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, Russia, Central Asia and East Asia.
Value of S.P Jain Dean’s List Scholarship, 2021
- Scholars will receive a 10% scholarship for the academic year. The scholarship account is renewable each year of study.
- If a student already has a scholarship, an additional 10% would be provided. However, students who have been granted a 100% scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Students who are nationals of North & South America, Europe, the Caribbean, Central & East Asia, Russia.
- Candidates from underrepresented countries may qualify for these international scholarships.
- Candidates must have an SAT score of above 2200.
- A Minimum score of 90% in CBSE/HSE ISC Examinations
Shirin Fozdar Scholarship
Singapore Government scholarships such as the Shirin Fozdar scholarship is granted to female international students. The Singapore Management University in collaboration with the Singapore Government attracts female candidates from around the world to help them pursue their tertiary education in Singapore Management University.
Value of this Shirin Fozdar Scholarship:
- Each award is valued at S$ 15,000 for one year of study.
- Full time female undergraduates in any degree programme.
- A minimum of GPA of 3.4
- Candidates must show evidence for requiring financial support. The family income must not exceed S$1,900
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership skills
- Candidates must also show involvement in community service.
We hope you liked reading our blog on the Top 5 Singapore Government Scholarships , Singapore scholarships if you are curious about scholarships offered by other countries the following may be of interest:
- Chevening Scholarship for Malaysia
- Different Engineering Scholarships in Australia
- Top Malaysian Scholarships For International Students
Get Personalised Counselling Expert