A number of universities across the world offer scholarships to Indian students. But did you know, undergraduate scholarships for Indian students to study abroad are available in various formats. Some universities offer merit-based scholarships to Indian students. Others offer scholarship in India for undergraduates based on need, to students who are academically exceptional but do not have the appropriate funding.
Did You Know?
Indian students make up the majority of undergraduate students studying abroad. More than 5 million students from India travel overseas to pursue their tertiary education. This has become possible over the past few years because Indian students directly benefit from the schemes of scholarship in India for undergraduates.
Did You Know About The List of Undergraduate Scholarships For Indian Students?
Tata Scholarship at Cornell
Tata Education Development Trust has established a US$25 million endowment for Indian students to study at Cornell. There are 20 scholarships for undergraduate students in India under this scheme. This is one of the most accessible undergraduate scholarships for Indian students. It is a need based scholarship offered to the best Indian students regardless of their financial circumstances.
Eligibility for Tata Scholarships :
- Only Indian students who have completed their secondary education in India are eligible for these scholarships for undergraduate students in India.
- Hold a letter of acceptance from Cornell University before applying for these scholarships for undergraduate students in India.
- Demonstrate a need for undergraduate scholarships in India and financial assistance.
- Students accepted into College of Architecture, Art and Planning will be given preference.
- College of Engineering, Applied Economics and Management majors, applied and hard sciences including social sciences are also preferred for this overseas scholarship for indian students.
- Meet the English language requirements of the university.
Application Procedure for Tata Scholarships:
- Applicants must first complete the application procedure for their course and then submit the overseas scholarship for indian students application form
- You must mention a need for financial assistance on your scholarship application form.
- Complete and submit the College Scholarship Service Profile.
If you are an international student who needs help with student accomodation or an Indian student who needs help with student loans, all you have to do is fill the forms in this blog.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
Undergraduate scholarships for Indian students such as the Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships are offered to bright Indian Students who want to pursue doctoral degrees. The offer is available to students who want to study at University of Cambridge and St. John’s College. Students who want to specialise in the fields of Science and Technology may apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility for this scholarship:
- Hold a Master’s degree from a well reputed Indian university.
- Must hold a first class in your field of study.
- You must not have previous experience studying in a UK university.
- Applicants must demonstrate their leadership qualities in their application.
- In addition to that, they must also be involved in extracurricular activities.
- You must also demonstrate how this scholarship will help their future plans.
- Moreover, you should also convince the panel how you will use the knowledge gained to contribute to the economic growth of your country.
Did you know? UniAcco offers students the most affordable student accommodations across 8+ countries. Find the best accommodation near your university now!
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
Oxford and Cambridge jointly offer partial scholarships for undergraduate students in India to help them pursue their tertiary education at the universities. This is a non-profit alumni organisation at New Delhi, India that offers scholarships based on equal opportunity.
Eligibility for this Scholarship:
- Only citizens of India are eligible to apply for these scholarships for undergraduate students in India.
- You must not be above 30 years of age.
- You should be a graduate from an Indian university for PhD studies. If you are applying for an undergraduate study, you should complete your secondary education from a recognized Indian school.
- You should be admitted into Oxford University or University of Cambridge before applying for this scholarship.
- Provide evidence of admission with your scholarship application.
- This scholarship is provided based on your academic performance. You should demonstrate leadership skills and demonstrate how you will benefit the economy of India.
- You should also demonstrate a need for financial assistance. The scholarship is granted to those who are academically exceptional and won’t be able to study at the two universities without financial support.
Trinity College, Dublin
Trinity College offers Indian students scholarships for their Bachelors and Masters degrees. This award also covers undergraduate scholarships for Indian students to study abroad who want to study at Trinity College Specifically. The undergraduate scholarship is valued at €36,000 per annum as a reduction against the tuition fees. The scholarship is competitive and offered to students who are academically talented and sound.
Eligibility for the scholarship:
- You should not have prior experience studying at a University in Ireland.
- Have a score of AAB or equivalent.
- A grade of 90% in your secondary education or equivalent.
University of Wollongong, Australia
This university offers bursaries to Indian students who wish to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate course. Their undergraduate scholarships for Indian students cover a 10% of the tuition fees for Bachelor’s and 20% fee reduction for postgraduate studies.
Eligibility for this scholarship:
- You should be an Indian citizen.
- You must hold a letter of acceptance from University of Wollongong before applying for this scholarship.
- You must apply to one of the full-time courses at this university
Thank you for reading our blog on The Big Indian Secret: Undergraduate Scholarships for Indian Students. To find out about more scholarships for Indian students, read the following: