Why Study With PhD Scholarships In Singapore?
Singapore is a world leader in education, research, and development. The country has high standards of education and has a high impact on world research. If you’re looking forward to pursuing a PhD in Singapore with scholarships, you’ve come to the right place as this article lists the available funding opportunities for international students.
The Ministry of Education is the governing body of Singapore that is responsible for higher education in Singapore. Moreover, students are willing to pursue their studies in the country because PhD Scholarships in Singapore are easily accessible.
There are 6 universities that offer students a PhD in Singapore, these are:
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
List of PhD Scholarships in Singapore
This is a scholarship offered to excellent students from the commonwealth countries. Students who wish to pursue research or a PhD in Singapore may apply for this scholarship.
The award is tenable for a period of 1 year and can be renewed each semester. However, Commonwealth scholarships in Singapore can only be renewed 4 times for PhD candidates by the relevant faculty.
The scholarship provides a monthly stipend of S$2,000, tuition fees. Candidates pursuing a PhD at a Singaporean university are eligible for an additional S$500 per month. Candidates are only eligible for this additional stipend upon having passed PhD Qualifying Examination (QE). OE is conducted 12-18 months after candidature registration.
- Any nationals who belong to the commonwealth countries may apply for the Commonwealth scholarships in Singapore.
- Have an undergraduate degree with at least a second class honours.
- Must already have an offer letter from National University of Singapore (NUS) for a full time course.
Singapore International Graduate Award
This award is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). PhD students will be trained and supervised by distinguished researchers in the labs. This award covers full tuition fees and provides for a monthly stipend. It also covers a one-time airfare grant and a one-time settling allowance.
- This scholarship is open to students from all nationalities.
- Applicants must possess good writing and speaking skills in English.
- Applicants must hold good academic standards.
If you are an international student who needs help with student accommodation or student loans, all you have to do is click on the banners in this blog.
Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarship
This scholarship is provided by the Tan Kah Kee Foundation to students who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in Singapore, except MBA. These PhD scholarships in Singapore are open to all citizens and permanent residents of Singapore.
- Scholarship is open citizen and permanent residents of Singapore.
- Applicants should be working towards a full-time PhD or Masters degree in any field.
- Applicants who want to pursue an MBA are not eligible.
How are applicants selected?
- Candidates are selected based on their academic performance, personality and bilingual capabilities.
Value of Tan Kah Kee PhD Scholarships in Singapore
- Successful applicants will receive a S$12,000 stipend for studying a PhD in Singapore with scholarships at a Singaporean university.
IAL Research Grants For Doctoral Studies
Institute for Adult Learning (IAL) offers this grant to research students who want to pursue their PhD in the Singaporean Continuing Education and Training (CET) sector. IAL has the vision to build a world-class learning ecosystem by facilitating the development of effective and responsive learning. This is done to enhance and meet the needs of the Singaporean industries and workforce.
- Open to all citizens of Singapore
- Applicants must be enrolled into one of the available PhD courses in Singapore before applying for this scholarship.
- Candidates must have 5 years of experience in their related field of study.
- Their research topic must be relevant to Singapore’s context of workforce development or CET.
Value of IAL Research Grants
- The grant covers 90% of the tuition fee
- Offers a monthly stipend
- One time support grant
Commonwealth Scholarship for Integrative Sciences and Engineering at NUS Graduate School
This is a part of the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships in Singapore, awarded to talented students with an aptitude and caliber to pursue PhD at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
- All students from the commonwealth countries are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be graduates with a passion for research in sciences, engineering, computing and fields of medicine.
- Graduates must have at least a 2nd upper honours or equivalent.
- GATE is not accepted. However, candidates must crack GRE.
- For candidates whose first language is not English, they must appear and pass TOEFL.
We hope you liked reading our blog on PhD Scholarships in Singapore. To know more about scholarships from around the world, read:
- Top Postgraduate Scholarships in Malaysia
- Everything To Know About New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships in Australia