Malaysia is becoming the top destination for international students who want to pursue their higher studies. In 2021, there are more than 1,00,000 students from over 150 countries studying in Malaysia. This has become possible over time because of the generous scholarships, grants, fellowships, and awards that Malaysia offers in order to encourage students to study in the country. A number of postgraduate scholarships in Malaysia have been made available for students all around the world.
List of Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships in Malaysia
Berows International Scholarship Program Test
This scholarship provides financial support to exceptional students all around the world based on their academic performance. BISPT aims to make students financially independent and helps keep the stress of educational loans at bay.
Every year BISPT provides scholarships to more than 5,000 students and grants cash awards up to RM 68,000.
These scholarships in Malaysia for masters’ are available for 3 levels of education for international students – Graduate Champions, Junior Champions, and Senior Champions. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must first need to submit an online application and then appear for the online BISPT examination.
Berows encourages students to perform well in this exam in order to get the highest rank.
Syllabus for BISPT
For Graduate Champions –
|General Science & Math||20|
|Total Time: 120 Mins||Total Marks: 100|
There is no negative marking for the test and each question weighs 1 mark.
Taylor’s Research Excellence International Awards, Malaysia
These Malaysian postgraduate scholarships are granted based on merit to students wanting to pursue their Master’s or PhD at Taylor’s University.
Taylor’s University offers students 100% funded scholarships and expects students to become leaders in their fields of study.
Eligibility for this award:
- Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply
- Applicants must want to study a Master’s or PhD at this institution
- Applicants who want a scholarship to pursue their master’s must show evidence of their bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.00 from a recognised university.
Procedure for application:
- Applicants must first apply for their course at Taylor’s University.
- Once the application for admission is successful, candidate can apply for this scholarship
- Candidates must demonstrate a good level of written and verbal English Language skills.
ELM International Postgraduate Bursaries at HELP University, Malaysia
This is one of the most easily accessible Postgraduate scholarships in Malaysia. Students who want to apply for a Master’s Degree are eligible to apply for an ELM International PG Grant. HELP University was established in 1996 in Kuala Lumpur and offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Applicants from all around the globe are eligible.
- Applicants must want to study a postgraduate course at the university
- Must provide evidence of having pursued an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
Procedure for application:
- Applicants must first take admissions into HELP University and then submit an online application to application-at-help.edu.my
- Applicants must submit – Photocopies of their academic certificates, copy of sponsor letter (if applicable), 2 passport size photographs.
- Applicants must also provide evidence of their English language skills if English is not their first language. They can prove this by providing IELTS, TOEFL score sheets.
IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program 2021
This scholarship is provided by the International Mathematical Union (IMU) and fully funds the student including their tuition fee. This scholarship is only available for PhD in the field of mathematical sciences. The IMU grant is offered by professional mathematicians to excellent students from developing countries. Students who are highly motivated and want to pursue their doctoral studies are encouraged to apply for these scholarships in Malaysia for masters’.
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of any developing country.
- Applicants must be pre-accepted into a university for their doctoral studies which is based in a developing country.
- Must show evidence of excellent academic performance.
- Must demonstrate their interest in the field of mathematics and are eventually willing to contribute in this field.
If you are an international student who needs help with student accommodation or student loans, all you have to do is click on the banners in this blog.
Postgraduate Scholarships in Malaysia with Partial Funding
Education Future International 2021
This scholarship is offered to students in all fields of study for their bachelor’s and master’s. The value of this scholarship ranges from 11,500 RM to 56,500 RM. This grant is especially for Indian students and was created by scholarship winners worldwide.
Eligibility for this scholarship:
- Applicants must be Indian citizens with an Indian passport.
- Applicants should have a minimum score of 60% in 10th and 12th levels of education.
- Candidates applying for these scholarships in Malaysia for postgraduates must be meritorious and must want to study at a top university that is globally recognized.
- They must show evidence of being incapable of fully funding their studies and must be able to arrange at least 50% of their education.
John Monash Scholarship 2021
These Malaysian postgraduate scholarships are offered to Australian citizens for Masters and PhDs. It is organised by the John Monash Foundation. This foundation aims to award outstanding students with academic excellence and leadership for their tertiary studies overseas.
- Candidate must be an Australian citizen
- They should have completed their undergraduate course or about to complete it.
- Candidates must be willing to study overseas such as Malaysia for their tertiary studies.
- Provide evidence of their previous education through transcripts and must demonstrate excellent academic performance.
- Excellent in the areas of language, music and publications is preferred.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities outside their field of study.
You are eligible to receive these scholarships in Malaysia for postgraduates at an amount ranging from AUD 70,000 to AUD 2,10,000 for a period of three years.
We hope you liked reading this article on Postgraduate Scholarships in Malaysia. Interested in knowing more about scholarships from around the world? You may like reading the following: