Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) invites applications for Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2021 from young researchers below 40 years of age. The purpose of this award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions. Selected researchers will be bestowed with the award and a cash prize of USD 5,000 each.
- Testimonial by the Chairman of AFFRC during the commendation ceremony
- A cash prize of USD 5,000
- Technical handbooks
- Patent applications or utility models
- Newspaper articles etc.
- Entire publication list directly related to the applicant’s research
Selection will be based on the applicant’s research and development achievements.
Terms and Conditions
- In the case of collaborative research results, the candidate’s contribution to the research will be evaluated in relation to that of the other collaborators.
- Research results created through business activities will also be properly evaluated as long as they meet the selection criteria.
- Consideration may be given to candidates’ relationship with Japan, such as research experiences in Japanese institutes and experiences of joint research with Japanese institutes.
- The award winners will be decided from among the final applicants by the Chairman of AFFRC based on the outcome of evaluation and selection carried out by the Selection Committee.
- A total of up to three award winners will be announced under this scheme
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a researcher who has the nationality of developing countries and/or territories
- Be under 40 years of age as of January 01, 2021
- Belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university, engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions
- Be able to attend the commendation ceremony and deliver a lecture in Japan
How To Apply
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Enclose the supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application by post to
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
Information and Public Relations Office
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
1-1 Ohwashi, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki