Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites applications for Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support (MATRICS) 2021 from PhD/MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree holders. MATRICS scheme is aimed to provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences. The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
The following documents are required (in PDF) :
- 1-2 page(s) project proposal
- List of ten most significant publications
- List of all publications in the last five years
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
Terms and Conditions
- An applicant is eligible to submit only one proposal during a call.
- Co-PIs are not allowed in the scheme.
- PIs who have received a grant under MATRICS/CREST cannot apply under SERB International Travel Support Scheme during the project duration.
- The grant can be used for the following purpose -
- Purchase of textbooks and monographs.
- Purchase of minor equipment such as a workstation, laptop, etc.
- Purchase of software for research purposes.
- Travel support and payment of registration fee for invited talks or presenting a paper in national and international conferences.
- Travel support for collaborative visits in India and abroad.
- Travel support and other logistics for inviting students and young researchers for research activities.
- At the end of each year, the recipients should upload annual report including a list of publications and details of talks given in conferences and collaborations that have been initiated.
- Proposals submitted need to be original and plagiarism in any form will not be acceptable.
- Applicants are requested to pre-check their proposals for plagiarism before uploading to avoid any serious repercussions at a later stage.
To be eligible, a candidate must -
- Be an active researcher in the field of Mathematical Sciences and allied areas, Science and Engineering or Social Sciences
- Hold a PhD or MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree and must be working on a regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions
- Have completed a PhD or MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree at least five years prior to the submission of the proposal
- Have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal
How To Apply
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Once registered, log in with the user name and password and go to Menu>Proposal Submission>Form Submission.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 4: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 5: Submit the application