Scholarships for international students in Malaysia have gained popularity in the present decade. As the country has the sixth largest economy in Southeast Asia according to the International Monetary Fund, Malaysia is becoming a popular destination for international students to study in because of its high quality education system. As it is one of the leading developing countries in the world, Malaysia offers a plethora of job opportunities to students with excellent academic track record. For this reason scholarships in Malaysia for international students are offered with an aim to retain them at the end of their academic tenure.
The following is the list of the best Malaysian Scholarships for international students presented to you by UniScholarz.
Malaysian Commonwealth and Scholarship Plan
Malaysian Commonwealth and Scholarship Plan is a part of the Malaysian Government Scholarships for international students scheme. This scholarship is offered to students who want to pursue their masters course for a period of 12-24 months and PhD for a period of 3 years in Malaysia. In order to attract talented students from around the globe, this Malaysian scholarship for international students has clearly laid out the eligibility criteria which is as follows:
- Applicants must not be above 45 years of age while applying for this scholarship
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of 3.5 GPA or second class in their master’s degree or undergraduate degree.
- Additionally, candidates applying for PhD programs will be judged based on the number of the books published, referred journals, portfolio and patent copyright.
- Candidates must also demonstrate excellent knowledge and skills in their area of research and specialization.
- Candidates must show evidence of their English language skills. With a minimum score in IELTS of 6.5 or a minimum score of 580 in TOEFL paper based or internet based score of at least 90.
- Candidates must have a good health condition which is certified by a medical professional.
- Candidates should gain admission into a university in Malaysia prior to applying for this scholarship.
If you are an international student who needs help with student accommodation or an Indian student who needs help with student loans, all you have to do is click on the banners in this blog.
The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Accepted scholars air tickets to Malaysia.
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Thesis/Research Allowance
- Visa Fees
It is thus one of the top Malaysian Government Scholarships for international students.
Postgraduate Fellowship for Young Scientists | Malaysian Scholarship for International Students
Universiti Sains Malaysia offers scholarships in Malaysia to students interested in subjects, including but not limited to, Agricultural Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Astronomy, Space, Earth Sciences, Physics and Mathematical Sciences. The scholarship is tenable for a period of three years for a PhD in natural sciences.
- To be eligible for these scholarships in Malaysia, candidates must be 35 years and under to apply.
- Applicants should be citizens of a developing country, not including Malaysia.
- They should also hold a Masters Degree in the field of Natural Sciences.
- Candidates must hold an official offer letter from USM.
- Provide evidence English language proficiency with a minimum score of 35 in TOEFL, band 5 in IELTS or 36 in PTE.
- They must also provide evidence that they will return to their home country after the completion of their course.
This is one of the top scholarships for international students in Malaysia .
ELM International Postgraduate Bursaries at HELP University, Malaysia
This is the most easily accessible Malaysian scholarship for international students. Students who want to apply for a Master’s Degree are eligible to apply for an ELM International PG Grant. HELP University was established in 1996 in Kuala Lumpur and offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Applicants from all around the globe are eligible.
- Applicants must want to study a postgraduate course at the university
- Must provide evidence of having pursued an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
Looking for student accommodation around the globe? Get in touch with UniAcco for a hassle-free and transparent procedure to get a student accommodation close to your university. Choose from a list of 1,500+ properties to stay in and pass the burden of looking for the perfect apartment, to a team of professionals waiting to help you find the best solution for student accommodation.
Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) |Malaysian Scholarships for International Students
With the Malaysian Government’s intention to attract the most talented students from across the globe, this scholarship aims to develop, grow and retain human capital in Malaysia from overseas. Students with excellent academic performance and extracurricular performance are encouraged to apply. This scholarship is for outstanding students who want to pursue their Masters or PhD in an Malaysian university that is public or private. It is among the best scholarships in Malaysia for international students.
- Applicants must not be above the age of 45 while applying for this scholarship in Malaysia for international students.
- Must obtain a GPA of 3.5 at their bachelor level of education
- This award of Malaysian postgraduate scholarship for international students is granted to those who can prove their English proficiency through EPTs like TOEFL (score of 580 in paper based; score of at least 92 in internet based) or IELTS with a minimum band score of 6.5
- Candidates should be in excellent health condition certified by a medical professional.
- Candidates must also gain an admission into a course in a Malaysian university prior to applying for this scholarship.
We hope you liked our blog on Malaysian postgraduate scholarship for international students. If you are looking for scholarships in countries around the world, you will find the following links helpful: