Singapore offers excellent postgraduate programmes in its top universities. It is no wonder then that students from all over the world prefer to opt for postgraduate study in Singapore as Singapore not only offers quality education but also makes it affordable for students via financial aids. There are tonnes of postgraduate scholarships in Singapore that benefit both domestic as well as international students. These scholarships encourage ambitious and deserving students to apply to the Singaporean universities of their choice and overcome their fears of not being able to cover their expenses. In this article, you will come across different postgraduate scholarships available for students in Singapore.
List Of Postgraduate Scholarships In Singapore
Studying abroad can be expensive and tends to hold students back from pursuing their postgraduate degrees from an abroad based university. Scholarships then are ways to help students realise their dreams. Singapore encourages such students to pursue their higher studies by offering different merit-based and need-based scholarships on the basis of their capabilities and requirements. Listed below are some of the best postgraduate scholarships in Singapore that UniScholarz has compiled for you to pursue your postgraduate study in Singapore
This postgraduate scholarship in Singapore is awarded by the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to outstanding students who have excelled not only in their academics but have also demonstrated strong leadership potential and possess great co-curricular records. It covers all the years of study at NTU and provides students with allowances with respect to accommodation, living, travel, and computer.
- Recipients of this scholarship award must possess a complete undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must hold excellent academic records as per the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level.
- The applicant must also hold outstanding co-curricular records.
- The applicant must possess great leadership skills.
Once the applicant receives the scholarship award, they must make sure that they adhere to the terms and conditions of the award.
Commonwealth Scholarship at the National University of Singapore| Postgraduate Scholarships In Singapore
This Singapore postgraduate scholarship is awarded to graduate students from Commonwealth countries (except Singapore citizens) who wish to pursue their higher studies at the National University of Singapore. It covers full tuition fees and provides for a monthly stipend.
If you are an international student who needs help with student accommodation or an Indian student who needs help with student loans, all you have to do is click on the banners in this blog.
- Applicants must be from one of the Commonwealth countries (Singapore citizens being an exception)
- They must possess an undergraduate degree with at least second class honours.
- They must have been offered for a full time graduate programme at the NUS.
- They can only apply if they are eligible for the Ministry of Education Subsidy
This is one of the top Singapore postgraduate scholarships.
INSEAD Antonio Borges Endowed Scholarship
This is one of the postgraduate scholarships for Singapore awarded to help students of any nationality to afford their MBA studies at Institut Européen d’Administration des Affaires (INSEAD). Having been established in the memory of Antonio Borges, it receives its major fundings from the INSEAD alumnus. It covers tuition fees and provides students with an amount of 1,000 euros.
- Only MBA applicants can apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have work experience.
- The work experience will be accepted if the applicant is either admitted or is in the interview process of getting admitted to the INSEAD campus for MBA.
- Candidates must portray outstanding academic capabilities and their work experience and personal profile should contribute to the diversity of the MBA program.
Under each of these scholarship programmes, students can opt for tonnes of scholarships that best suit them. Preference will be given to those students who are in financial need wherein 20% of the scholarship funds are reserved for the Round 3 candidates. Students can opt from various scholarships provided under this program and can avail of it.
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program | Postgraduate Scholarships In Singapore
This scholarship programme is awarded by the Japanese government to qualified citizens from ADB’s developing countries. Recipients of this scholarship can pursue their postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. This scholarship covers tuition fees, a monthly stipend, housing allowance, medical insurance and travel expenses. It also provides an allowance for books and instructional materials.
- Applicants must be a member of the ADB member country.
- Applicants must have secured admission for a postgraduate course at an academic institution.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of professional working experience.
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years at the time of applying.
- Candidates must return to his/her country of residence after completion of their course.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on Postgraduate Scholarships In Singapore. If you are interested in knowing more about scholarships in Singapore like the ones mentioned in this blog, check out the different scholarships available on UniScholarz and choose from a wide range of scholarships.
If you wish to know more about applying for scholarships, these blogs might be of interest: